The end of this year is nearing and what a hellish year it was for so many people I know or read about – myself included. My husband said he never liked the look of 2013 – he thinks 2014 looks by far more aesthetically pleasing. I don’t judge years by their looks – obviously, but by how they have panned out.
I had to content with personal trauma (I was supposed to hold a baby in my arms in December) from which I am recovering.This was followed by ongoing awful shoulder pain which hasn’t been resolved yet, because it’s hard to get the right diagnosis and treatment when you live in the UK. This has impacted on my business (working with a lot of pain, esp. typing and making jewellery isn’t easy), my finances and my mood. Those of you struggling with chronic illnesses might be able to sympathize with me and can relate to the difficulty that chronic pain can pose to staying positive.
On the plus side – I met lots of lovely new people through social media (including Gateway Women)– and some even in real life. I also have some fab loyal customers who keep buying from me and recommend me. And in November I met one of my favourite comedians – Adam Hills. He is a true gent and lovely human being. He didn’t mind having his photo taken with me and I read that on at his gig in Barnstaple he took his whole audience bowling. How cool is that??
A lot of my friends had a rubbish year and can’t wait to see the back of it. So I say – Good Riddance 2013 and
Instead of resolutions I want to share with you some of things I have planned for the New Year:
- I want to start making short videos.
- I also want to blog more regularly – and aim for one post per week – let’s see if I can manage that. On my list of things is therefore to create some sort of schedule for posts.
- I also want to contribute to other blogs.
- And spend more time on Google+, twitter and LinkedIn.
- On the jewellery front – I want to continue working with polymer clay and learn new techniques, work with precious metal clay and also return to some metal work.
- This year I finally got the Cardiff Polymer Clay Group off the ground and we have a few members – so I am hoping to meet up with them for our own little workshops.
- I have to update my journalism website and also want to get back to more paid writing – esp. copywriting.
- I am also planning a new business – teaching and translating German – The teaching is mainly aimed at adults and will be done via Skype (or face-to-face) – I am hoping that by Marchthis new venture will be up and running. I have to see how this works out.
- Of course there are also non-business things I want to do: I want to get my shoulder to a pain-free state.
- Exercise more (dependent on pain levels) and eat less.
- And finally go on a proper beach holiday – just relax and soak up the sun. We haven’t done this in years and certainly haven’t seen much sun.
- Start playing my Ukulele is another thing I’d like to do.
- And meeting lots of lovely comedians!
So this is it – my long to-do list.
I hope you enjoyed reading my blog and wish you all a great start to 2014.
And before I sign off – what have you planned for next year?
Let me know in the comments below.
And if you like reading my blog – why not share my posts and sign up for the newsletter?